Whether you are settling into your new home or have lived there for years there are lots of things you can do to change its appearanceMaybe you are getting your home ready to sell or maybe you just want to update that Living Room and now is the time to do it.
Adding a splash of color to your home’s interior is easy to do and very inexpensive. It can change the entire dynamic of a room in a drastic or if you are not that adventurous a subtle way.
Here are some recommendations for adding that splash of color to your home’s interior
- Pick one room to focus on at a time
- If you are preparing your home to sell, make sure you pick a color that is more neutral. Instead of your favorite color bright purple, maybe choose a subtle lavender
- Paint just one accent wall. This will give you a great splash of color in the room without it being too overwhelming. A word of caution, if you’re other walls are a softer tone stick with a soft tone for the accent wall, you don’t want too much of a contrast
- Choose softer colors for smaller rooms, bathrooms, spare bedrooms, it will help the space to appear larger. Darker colors tend to close in a room and make it feel smaller.
- Make sure you choose an Eggshell paint. This is a washable paint and will stand the test of time.